Birding Discovery Day – Uplands of Yorkshire Dales, England
Join us on a Birding Discovery Day like no other.
This stunning area of the Yorkshire Dales National Park is rich in bird life due to the mix of habitat. From heather clad tops to hay meadow valleys with flowing rivers, the diversity will astound you.
You may see up to 40 different bird species – 10-15 of those being upland specialists and a host of waders too. Species such as: Black Grouse, Red Grouse, Eurasian Curlew, Northern Lapwing, Common Snipe, Common Redshank, European Golden Plover, Ring Ouzel, Tree Pipit, Common Redstart, Pied Flycatcher, White-throated Dipper, Grey Wagtail and Merlin – to name a few.
One thing is for sure, you’ll be in the thick of the action! We have many contacts and expert guides who know where to go so you’ll get the best possible experience.
Our small group sizes (5 guests plus guide) mean you’ll have ample opportunity to learn about bird species, take photographs and travel at a more leisurely pace. We welcome anyone from beginners to the more experienced, which when in a small group, feels like you’re part of a team.
These are incredible days not to be missed!
Species you may see:
Black Grouse, Red Grouse, Eurasian Curlew, Northern Lapwing, Common Snipe, Common Redshank, European Golden Plover, Ring Ouzel, Tree Pipit, Common Redstart, Pied Flycatcher, White-throated Dipper, Grey Wagtail, Merlin
- Professional, local expert guide with a lifetime of birding knowledge in Yorkshire
- Being taken to the thick of the birding action!
- A small group of 6, creating great opportunities to interact with your guide
- Beginners are very welcome too!
- Learn more about bird species
- A full day out with lots of opportunities for photography - a great take-home souvenir!
- An interactive and free Yorkshire Wildlife Checklist so you tick things off as you go
Alternative Tour Name: Birding Discovery Day The Uplands Yorkshire Dales, England