Design Your Own Birding Day
Yorkshire Coast Nature is offering you an exclusive opportunity to design your own VIP tailor-made Yorkshire Birding Trip!
The beauty of doing such a trip is you’ll have even more opportunity to learn, take photographs and travel at a leisurely pace. And you can go anywhere you wish!
"Great long weekend in Co Cork. Very good pelagics with great sightings, common dolphins around the boat for ages, a minke whale so close we could hear it breath! Birds great big numbers of shearwaters and petrels. Good food, good accommodation good company.." - Gill.
From the beautiful Yorkshire Wolds and Derwent Valley to the huge estuary of the Humber. Or the Great Yorkshire Forests and moors of North Yorkshire and the rugged coastline near Whitby to the huge cliffs of Flamborough Headland. These are spectacular places to go for birding.
You can do a combination of almost anything, including:
- Search for Seabirds – Gannets, Puffins, 1000’s of nesting seabirds, plus finding rare birds on the coast
- Nightjar safari
- Goshawk safari
- Turtle Dove adventure
- Raptor Days
- Rare bird searching on the coast (spring and autumn)
For one day tours, we suggest focusing on a maximum of two areas/species or activities, so you’ll get the most out of your day. Otherwise too much time can be spent travelling not birding!
If there’s too much to choose from, you can book for a longer experience spanning a few days instead. We’ve partnered with some of the best accommodation in Yorkshire so you’ll have a wonderful experience. Take a look at our accommodation page for details - www.yorkshirecoastnature.co.uk/accommodation
Please contact Richard Baines (Yorkshire Coast Nature Director) for more details and up to date prices 07747753260
- Species you’re likely to see: depends on your choice of custom tour, but know that you’ll be taken to the thick of the action!
- Professional, local expert guide with a lifetime of birding knowledge in Yorkshire
- A small group of up to five (including leader) creates more opportunities to see great birds and interact with your guide
- Beginners are very welcome too!
- Learn more about bird species
- A full day out with lots of opportunities for photography - a great take-home souvenir!
- An interactive and free Yorkshire Wildlife Checklist so you tick things off as you go
If you’d like to try an alternative tour, look at what this Birding Discovery Day – Forests and Rivers of North Yorkshire, England has to offer.
Alternative Tour Name: Design Your Own Birding Day Or Wildlife Safari