Bird Photo Trip in Tecpan, Guatemala
A leisurely paced half-day Tecpan Photography Trip Guatemala that is available on request.
This birdwatching photography trip in Tecpan, Guatemala is based at El Espinero, which is two hours from either Guatemala City or Antigua. The estate sits at an altitude of 6,600ft and the birds and wildlife seen here are unique to the Guatemala Highlands. Much of the wildlife proliferates around the hiking trails during low season, making it an ideal location for photographers at all levels.
This El Espinero estate is renowned for its Guatemalan Firs, which are popularly used as Christmas trees – locally known as pinabetes – so it is bustling every December when families travel here from the nearby cities to choose their trees. The dense forest around the estate make it the ideal location to search for owls and raptors. The Tecpan region is also particularly noted for its huge population of hummingbirds, which are especially active when flowers are in bloom. Hummingbirds that you are likely to encounter on this birding photography tour are the Amethyst-throated Mountain-gem, Garnet-throated Hummingbird and White-eared Hummingbird.
Our expert guides can also offer tips for the best photo opportunities on this Tecpan photography trip to Guatemala and how to capture the most memorable images.
This birdwatching photo trip in Tecpan, Guatemala also includes a typically hearty local breakfast.
Tecpan Photography Trip Guatemala highlights include:
- Visit the El Espinero estate in Tecpan, home to rare and varied birds unique to the region
- The area is noted for its high concentration of hummingbirds of numerous different breeds
- Explore the hiking trails around the region, where much of wildlife and native birds congregates
- Our expert guides can offer advice on the best photo opportunities and tips for capturing the best shots
- Suitable for every level of photographer, from amateur to expert
If you'd have a little more time to spend on your holiday, in addition to the Tecpan Photography Trip, Guatemala, maybe you would enjoy the Guatemala Birding in the Highlands & Volcanoes
Alternative tour name: Birdwatching Photo Trip in Tecpan, Guatemala