Eco Bird Migration Trip in Spain
This one-day Tarifa Bird Migration in the Straits of Gibraltar is a relaxing-paced trip available on request throughout the year. With its ever-changing seasons and winds, and fascinating birds cropping up in all sorts of unexpected places outside of any formal nature reserve network, the Straits of Gibraltar can be a tricky place for independent birders.
We spend our lives exploring the area, so why not let us show you our wondrous home, over one or more guided days?
"Simon treated me royally - my day could not have been better - specially seeing the Hoopoe close up and the Black Ibis colony. Lunch and conversation was superb. Knowledge was excellent." - Bob Fraser, Canada
Tarifa Bird Migration Tour highlights include:
- Local experience of interpreting wind and weather conditions to catch the most breathtaking moments of the raptor migration spectacle.
- Up to the minute gen on the whereabouts of Straits specialities, such as Northern Bald Ibis, Rufous-tailed Bush-robin and Rüppells Vulture.
- Opportunities to see the area’s African quirks, like Little and White-rumped Swifts, Common Bulbul, Red-knobbed Coot.
- Access to private sites to get up close with feeding Vultures.
- Visits to the less-explored side of Doñana National Park, taking in the teeming salt pans and pools of the eastern bank of the Guadalquivir river.
A Day Trip around the Straits area costs just €60 per person, which includes not only transport in our comfortable modern vehicle but also one of our legendary picnics, featuring sustainably produced local food! Group reductions are also available – contact us for details, availability or for something more bespoke!
If you have a little more time to spend birding on your holiday, perhaps this longer Bird Migration Flyways and Cetaceans Tour might be of interest to you.
Alternative Tour Name: Bird Migration Trip, The Straits of Gibraltar, Spain