Birding in Sicily 4-days Tour, Italy
Sicily is certainly among the most fascinating regions of Italy and, thanks to its biodiversity, is a magnificent place to take a bird and wildlife watching tour!
This island is unique, both from a landscape and naturalistic point of view and as regards the history, the art, and the culinary traditions.
Guided by an ornithologist, we will explore some of the most interesting wetlands for birdwatchers and nature photographers, home to many species of water birds, and a strategic point for migratory birdlife.
Always a meeting point for Mediterranean civilizations, the island boasts an unrivalled cultural and food and wine heritage. We will take advantage of our stay to taste unique dishes and products and, after birdwatching on the slopes of Etna, we will relax with a well-deserved tasting at a local winery.
Sicily Bird Watching Tour Highlights includes:
- Dozen and dozens of bird species observable, including greater flamingo, western swamphen, and spotless starling
- The "island effect": the endemic herpetofauna
- Breathtaking landscapes, including volcanoes, salt pans, and gorges
- The beautiful cities and monuments of eastern Sicily: Catania, Siracusa, Noto, and Vendicari
- One of the best and most varied cuisines in Italy
Why not explore what else is on offer with K'Nature - Have a look at the Pollino National Park Birding & Wildlife Tour, Italy
Alternative Tour Name: Sicily Nature Tour, Italy