One-Horned Rhino Adventure Safari in Nameri-Kaziranga, India
A 10-day One Horned Rhino Tour in India where you get a chance to explore the pristine and richly diverse forests of North Eastern India, famed for the One-horned Rhinos, Asiatic Elephants, Royal Bengal Tigers, and abundance of bird species!
A World Heritage Site, the Kaziranga National Park hosts two-thirds of the world's Great One-horned Rhinoceroses and is definitely the best place to observe these fascinating creatures. One of India's best-known tourism mascots, the famed One-horned Rhinoceros calls the expansive grasslands of this national park its native place.
Kaziranga is a title of a remarkable success story of conservation of the One Horned India Rhinoceros and other wild lives in North East India. Apart from the One-horned Rhinos, Kaziranga is home to the Royal Bengal Tigers, Asiatic Elephants, Asiatic Water Buffaloes, Swamp Deer, and much more. Kaziranga is also renowned for the incredible diversity of birds that can be found there!
The Hoollongapar Gibbon Sanctuary located in Jorhat, Assam is an evergreen forest located in Assam. This sanctuary is home to the only apes that can be found in India, the Hoolock Gibbon. The Hoolock Gibbon is the second-largest gibbon found. Finding these arboreal mammals in the thick forest is tough but photographing them adds a feather to every photographer’s hat for sure!
Nameri National Park is located in the foothills of the Eastern Himalayas in the Sonitpur District of Assam, India. Nameri hosts a semi-evergreen, moist deciduous forest with cane and bamboo brakes and narrow strips of open grassland along rivers. With records of more than 300 bird species, Nameri is a birdwatcher's paradise!
White-winged Wood Duck, Great Pied Hornbill, Wreathed Hornbill, Rufous Necked Hornbill, Common Merganser, King Vulture, Long-Billed Ring Plover, Khalij Pheasant are some of the exclusive bird species that can be found here. Keep your binoculars and cameras ready, you never know what surprise is in store for you!
Tour Highlights include:
- The famed One Horned Rhino Tour in India the north-eastern part of the Indian sub-continent but today this endemic mammal is confined to certain pockets of north-eastern India and the Terai grasslands of Nepal. Kaziranga in Assam is the best place to watch these magnificent creatures at their natural best!
- The Kaziranga National Park has a unique Riverine Ecosystem. The landscape is a mix of wetlands, grasslands and semi-evergreen deciduous forests. The tourists are in for an offbeat experience as the ecosystem here is poles apart from what one can experience in other Indian national parks.
- We believe in engaging with the local communities that are dependent on the forests for their livelihood. We give our campers an opportunity to interact with the local tribes and participate in various activities initiated by the locals.
- Campers get an opportunity to binge upon the special local cuisine of north-eastern India which is completely different from what one can find in the rest of the Indian sub-continent.
- India is home to 26 species of primates, the forests of north-east India have a rich diversity of primates, including the only ape found in the country - the Hoolock Gibbon! We give you an opportunity to get a glimpse of these endangered apes.
Alternative Tour Name: Nameri-Kaziranga