Ecuador Birdwatching Tour
Our 5-day Ecuador birding tour is a wonderful way to become acquainted with the special environment of a cloud forest and its myriad birds - so close to Quito – only one hour 50 minutes away! This “birds galore” trip also travels down to lower elevations for more birds! We offer our guests a unique stay in paradise, above the forest canopy, surrounded by myriads of hummingbirds! You will enjoy our generous servings of gourmet food, the fabulous views of forest and mountains, and our extensive network of safe, well-marked trails.
Alternative Tour Name: Northwestern Ecuador Birds Galore
Arrival at Bellavista and breakfast. Settle in, and take a reconnaissance hike into the forest and trails. Lunch. Afternoon: Forest hike – discover the ecology of this mysterious forest - and/or bird watching. Dinner. Overnight: Bellavista Lodge Meals: B, L, D
8:00h: Breakfast, Birding and / or natural history discoveries in Bellavista (shared services). Lunch Afternoon: Further options for easy hikes or true adventure, alone or with a guide! Dinner
8:00h: Breakfast, Morning: Visit the Alambi hummingbird reserve: known for its feeders full of hummingbirds of 10-12 different species, sometimes more! Also excellent views of tanagers, Red-headed Barbet ….. Lunch, Guided Hike in the Reserve Dinner and Overnight.
Box Lunch, San Tadeo Hummingbird Garden, Short visit to Milpe reserve: easy birding- Toucans and the Rufous Motmot often seen at close quarters. Dinner and overnight at a Lodge Hotel in Silanche Region.
Full day birding in Rio Silanche reserve, with a visit to reserve where the Long-wattled Umbrellabird is usually seen. Late PM drop off in Quito
What is included?
- 12 meals, starting with breakfast Day 1, and finishing with lunch at day 5.
- 4-night standard accommodation
- Shared Naturalist Guide Service
- Access to 700-hectare Reserve
- Private, round trip transportation.
- All entrance fees to all visited places
What is not included?
- Travel insurance
- Exclusive guide or transport service
- Personal items
- Other services
• T-shirts or comfortable blouses/shirts • Sweater or fleece for the evenings • Quick-drying trousers (blue jeans not recommended) • Lightweight socks • Change of clothes • Sunhat and sunscreen • Rain poncho (a few available if needed) • Camera • Rubber boots are provided – to size 47 (few pairs in large sizes) • Binoculars recommended (available for rent) • Water bottle for hikes • Small daypack for hikes • Flashlight and batteries • Plastic bags to protect the camera, etc.