A one-day birding trip through the marshland in the north of the National Park of Doñana between the provinces of Huelva and Seville. Northern Doñana is a paradise for birders and this tour has been designed to get an extensive bird list and have the possibility to focus on special species.
We go through the area above the National Park of Doñana in between the provinces of Huelva and Seville in the west of Andalucia. Dehesa de Abajo Nature Reserve is located 30 minutes to the south-west of Seville City and one hour from Huelva City. The visit to Valverde’s Bird Centre involves a long journey on dirt roads that are exceptional for birding though.
Residents: Glossy Ibis, Spoonbill, Cattle Egret, Night Heron, Flamingo, Squacco Heron, Red-crested Pochard, Hoopoe, Red-knobbed Coot, Stone Curlew, Spanish Sparrow, Lesser Short-toed Lark, Pin-tailed Sandgrouse. You may also catch a glimpse of the rare Spanish Imperial Eagle, White-headed Duck, Marbled Duck and Bittern.
Winter Birds: Greylag Goose, Pintail, Shoveler, Wigeon, Great Egret, Osprey, Hen Harrier, Short-eared Owl, Crane, Black-tailed Godwit, Black Stork.
Summer Birds: Short-toed Lark, Purple Heron, Bee-eater, Little Bittern, Gull-billed Tern, Short-toed Eagle, Black Tern, Collared Pratincole, Roller, Isabelline Warbler, Rufous-tailed Scrub Robin.
Migrants: Garganey, Temminck´s Stint, Winchat, Redstart, Curlew Sandpiper, Wood Sandpiper.
Introduced: Common Waxbill, Yellow-crowned Bishop, Black-headed Weaver, Red Avadavat.
What is included?
- Professional bi-lingual guide(s)
- Specialist guide fees
- Local accommodation pickup (within 30mins from start point)
- All ground transport throughout the trip
- Entrance fees to all National Parks, Nature Reserves and/or use of Hides where applicable
- Water throughout the trip
- All activities as specified within the tour itinerary
- Use of binoculars and telescopes or field scopes
- Personalised checklists
- Accident insurance
- All applicable taxes
What is not included?
- Travel & medical insurance (incl. personal equipment and repatriation)
- Items of personal nature or,
- Meals or snacks throughout the trip
- Tips & gratuities
- Any other drinks not mentioned above, or
- Alcoholic beverages or bottled drinks
- Anything else not mentioned in “What is included”