Kangaroo Island Birdwatching Tour, South Australia
This 3-day Kangaroo island Birding Tour is relaxed-paced and available as a set departure. With a diverse landscape, rainfall, and geology, Kangaroo Island is home to over 250 species of birds.
Our wild Kangaroo Island birdwatching tour showcases the iconic landscapes through the lens of birdlife and targets some of the 17 island subspecies.
Highlights include exploring the Bay of Shoals Sanctuary Zone from the ocean and Cygnet Park, a significant rewilding project important for the Kangaroo Island glossy black cockatoo.
Expect encounters with many of the Island’s mammals and learn about the philosophy of shared space with nature. Local food and wine served at remote locations ensure you get a real taste of Kangaroo Island.
Kangaroo island Birding Tour Highlights
- Experienced and enthusiastic local guides
- Flinders Chase National Park and the iconic coastal landscapes of Cape du Couedic
- A Zodiac trip into Bay of Shoals Sanctuary Zone seeking out dolphins and a range of seabirds
- Cygnet Park – a large-scale bio-diverse rewilding project important in the conservation of the local glossy black-cockatoo
- Australian sea lion encounter at Seal Bay – also home to resident hooded plovers
- MacGillivray wetlands and D’Estrees Bay
- Taking our chances seeking out the furtive southern emu-wren, white-bellied whip bird, and shy heathwren
- Excellent alfresco dining with local food and wine
Please note: this set-departure tour is also available as a private or custom tour on request. Please submit an enquiry with your preferred dates and group size.
If you’d like to try an alternative tour, look at what this East Gippsland Wildlife & Conservation Tour has to offer.
Alternative Tour Name: Wild About Birds, Kangaroo Island Birdwatching Tour, South Australia