Wildlife Photography Break focusing on Iberian Lynx
This 5-day Iberian Lynx Photography Tour in Spain is a leisurely paced trip available on request to see one of the most threatened feline species in the world. Photo Logistics owns and manages four hides in a private estate. The expedition also includes a trip to the Sierra de Andújar Natural Park in the Sierra Morena mountain range, which has the highest Iberian Lynx population in Spain. We keep a daily record of Lynx activity using camera traps, so updated information is on hand every day.
The trip begins with a series of day or half-day hide sessions led by our local biologist to observe the estate's population of up to six Lynx during mating season. There are also hides for observing and photographing Red Deer and foxes, as well as another for Golden Eagles, Spanish Imperial Eagles, Black Vultures and Griffon Vultures. All of our hides are double-seated and there is a small toilet to make longer sessions a more comfortable experience!
The photo safaris through Sierra Morena gives the opportunity to try a different kind of Iberian Lynx photography. There is a healthy population of Iberian Lynx in the Sierra de Andújar Natural Park and our experienced local guides can take you to the most reliable areas for photographing this elusive mammal. There will also be the opportunity to observe the Iberian Ibex and Fallow Deer.
For this Iberian Lynx photography trip we use local accommodation featuring single and double rooms in different houses in the same resort. This resort is famed for its tasty regional cooking, with packed lunches provided for day trips.
Iberian Lynx Photography Tour in Spain highlights include:
- An opportunity to photograph Iberian Lynx from our exclusive hides on a private estate
- Taking a safari to search for Iberian Lynx through the Sierra de Andújar Natural Park in the Sierra Morena mountains
- Enjoying the region's varied biosphere of mammals and bird life, including Iberian Ibex, Golden Eagles, Red and Fallow Deer and other birds and raptors
- Expert local guides taking you to the best spots for finding the Iberian Lynx and offering photography tips and advice at all levels
- Comfortable local accommodation and traditional regional cuisine throughout the tour
Please note: In Spain, there are strict regulations covering the operation of Iberian Lynx hides and feeding the felines and using food to attract them to a hide is against the law. Photo Logistics always adheres to these regulations and observes best conservation practices.
If you have more time available on your Spanish wildlife holiday maybe consider extending your trip to include our Great Bustards and Raptors Birding Tour, Spain.
Alternative tour name: Photography Safari to sport the Iberian Lynx