Kondor Ecolodge Bird Photo Tour in Hungary
A 7-day Hungarian bird photography tour that offers a special, unique place as a base to photograph the most colourful birds of Europe living at the Westernmost edge of the steppe habitat, the famous "Hungarian Puszta". Traditional thatched-roofed houses with en-suite rooms, home-made food, wine cellar, tranquil forest and garden with attractive species and professional bird photography hides make Kondor EcoLodge a perfect base for a great Hungarian bird photography holiday.
We are located just one hour drive from Budapest, the capital city of Hungary still in the middle of the Kiskunsag National Park which protects a huge variety of habitats from orchid rich grassland through alkaline lakes, riverine forests, oxbow lakes, channels and all these bordered by the 2 largest rivers, River Danube and River Tisza.
We run this Hungarian bird photography tour with a concept of alternating days spent locally in fixed and mobile hides with other days when we venture out to different corners of the protected area to find and photograph other species. The maximum driving distance from one location to another is just about an hour.
We use several different areas and habitats with different specialized hides. Our basic programme offer is 7 days with one arrival and orientation day, spending at each different areas and hides a minimum 1 full day and on departure day an optional extra half-day photography if time permits. Each hide offers comfortable space for 2 photographers. Photographers will spend time at each hide in a rotating system.
A friendly, relaxing atmosphere and professional guiding is guaranteed by a birder-photographer guide-couple who lives and guides half year here in Hungary and other Eastern European destinations, another half year in Latin America! Surely once you visit this place you definitely want to return soon!
Hungarian Bird Photography Tour highlights include:
- Hide Photography of the most colourful birds of Europe which are all around in good numbers including European Bee-eaters, Eurasian Hoopoes, European Rollers, perhaps Golden Orioles
- Visiting a huge oxbow lake of River Tisza with a large number of attractive bird species
- Hide photography of Little Owl
- Visiting channels, alkaline lakes, ponds and rivers for Penduline Tit, Bearded Tit, Moustached Warbler, Ferruginous Duck, Squacco Heron, Purple heron and many more
- Using specially designed Bird Photography hides eye-level with water-level at ponds and feeders with Hawfinch, Turtle Dove, Tree Sparrow, Sparrowhawk, Jay and several other species
- Searching East European raptor specialities such as Saker Falcon, Eastern Imperial Eagle, Short-toed Eagle, White-tailed Eagle
- Photography at a Red-footed Falcon colony
- Sipping your coffee, tee or a famous Hungarian wine while checking the daily photos during the evenings
Want to extend your birding elsewhere? Why not try this tour? Hungary Birding & Wildlife Tour, Kondor Ecolodge
Alternative Tour Name: Bird Photography Tour at Kondor Ecolodge, Kiskunsag Hungary