Spring Birdwatching Tour in Herzegovina
This is an 8-day Herzegovina birding tour in Spring (April to June) seeking migrating birds using the Adriatic Flyway.
During this spring birding tour, we will explore the majestic Dinaric Alps, one of Europe's most unexplored mountain ranges where nature is still mostly preserved and intact. These unique Alps offer deep canyons, crystal-clear streams, alpine meadows, high altitude woodlands, steep valleys, gorges and green mountain lakes characterise this unique area and showcasing a wide variety of habitats.
This birdwatching tour in Herzegovina is located in the southern region in Bosnia and Herzegovina. A unique area with wonderful limestone landscapes, lots of birds, but only a handful of serious birdwatchers. It is pretty much unexplored so when you are birding, you don’t bump into hordes of birdwatchers, which makes it an attractive destination! This is why Herzegovina is such a wonderful destination for nature lovers.
Key locations within the itinerary are just 30 minutes away by car, from our base in the city of Mostar. This Herzegovina birding trip is run at a relaxed and comfortable walking pace which allows more time for photography and detailed observation of birds and other wildlife we see on the way.
Tour highlights include:
- Staying in the beautiful and historic city of Mostar conveniently located in the centre of Herzegovina region
- Exploring the majestic Dinaric Alps showcasing deep canyons, crystal-clear streams, alpine meadows, high altitude woodlands, steep valleys, gorges and green mountain lakes
- Visit the Podvelezje region where the villagers insist on preserving the old way of life and live at one with nature
- Travel along the Neretva river from Mostar all the way to its end in the Adriatic Sea where it creates beautiful wetlands
- Visit the Hutovo Blato Nature Park, a sub‐Mediterranean wetland oasis, located 20 km from the Adriatic Sea
- Mostarsko Blato karst field visit, important migrating birds stopover
Alternative Tour Name: Wild Herzegovina Spring Birdwatching Tour
Join Our Fixed Tour Starting Date
|Tour Dates||Tour Availability||From Price||Spaces Left|
|18/04/2021 - 25/04/2021||guaranteed||GBP 1,295||
|25/04/2021 - 02/05/2021||guaranteed||GBP 1,295||
|02/05/2021 - 09/05/2021||guaranteed||GBP 1,295||
|09/05/2021 - 16/05/2021||guaranteed||GBP 1,295||
|16/05/2021 - 23/05/2021||guaranteed||GBP 1,295||
|23/05/2021 - 30/05/2021||guaranteed||GBP 1,295||