A 4-day gorilla tracking tour in the Bwindi Impenetrable National Park to where over three hundred (300) Gorillas live in this beautiful high altitude natural rainforest.
Arrive, meet and transfer to the Boma Guest House in Entebbe, which is approximately 10 minutes’ drive from the Airport. Overnight: Boma Hotel. (B/B)
After breakfast, we’ll transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park located in the South Western part of Uganda. The drive takes visitors through rolling hills, papyrus swamps and forest patches where we may many times stop to look at primates such as black and white colobus, Redtailed monkeys and birds. Since the road takes you through Lake Mburo National Park, we may get a chance to see mammals like Zebras, Ankole long horned cattle, Deffassa Waterbuck, Topi, etc. as we drive to Bwindi National Park which is home to half of the remaining Mountain Gorillas in the world. Over three hundred (300) Gorillas live in this beautiful high altitude rainforest. The drive to the park also leads through very breathtaking sceneries of Kigezi “the Switzerland of Africa”. Tonight we’ll stay in one of the camps on the forest edge of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. Overnight: Engagi Lodge. (F/B)
Today’s experiences will be probably one of the highlights of the trip, as we like to see the remaining mountain Gorillas in their natural habitat. There are 12 habituated gorilla groups that are visited every day all year round. The tracking takes between 1 and 8 hours and it is led by rangers and guides who interpret their life styles and the general forest ecology. Due to conservational reasons, visitors are allowed to view them for one hour. Other primates to expect on the walk include; L’Hoest, Red-tailed, Blue,
Black and White colobus monkeys among others. After the trekking, we’ll return to Park office for debriefing and later to our lodge. return to the Lodge and stay for another night in Bwindi National Park.
Overnight: Engagi Lodge. (F/B)
This will be basically a driving day, but we’ll have few breaks/ stops enroute. After an early breakfast, we’ll drive back to Entebbe arriving at our hotel late in the afternoon. Overnight: Boma Hotel (HB). OR head to the Airport for your outbound flight.
What is included?
- Recently introduced 18% VAT on accommodation at all facilities as per our standard itineraries.
- All ground transportation in a 4WD Toyota Land Cruiser with roof-hatches.
- Accommodation in standard twin / single rooms.
- Meals as described in the itinerary (BB, HB, or FB).
- Services of an English speaking driver guide.
- Fuel for the entire trip.
- Bottled drinking water, tea and coffee while in transit.
- All National Park, game reserves and sanctuary entrance fees.
- All activities described in the itinerary unless described as extras.
What is not included?
- Cost of a gorilla permit which is US $ 600 at the moment.
- Insurance of any kind.
- Emergency rescue flight costs local or international.
- Tips and gratitude to your driver/guide/hotel staff etc.
- All expenses of personal nature like laundry, telephone bills etc.
- Bank transfer charges of US $ 30 per transfer.
- Any service not mentioned in the inclusions.