Photo Tour focusing on Golden Jackal & European Ground Squirrel
This is a 7-day Golden Jackal in Bulgaria & European Ground Squirrel Photography Tour where are our main focus will be on the Golden Jackal and threatened: European Ground Squirrel.
Both of these species survive in sustainable numbers within the borders of the country. Notably: Bulgaria maintains the largest Jackal population in Europe. Among these target species, we will also have the opportunity to observe, or photograph, other mammals common to the area such as; Roe Deer, Brown Hare, Wild Boar, Pine Marten, Stone Marten and Badger - and if we are lucky to even the very rare Marbled Polecat.
In this Golden Jackel Bulgaria tour, we will find approximately 180 species of mammal found that populate Europe: in Bulgaria, you will find over 100 of these, including numerous rare European examples.
During this Golden Jackal & European Ground Squirrel Photography Tour, we will be situated in a small but fruitful reserve surrounded by wild nature near the village of Vetren (North-Eastern Bulgaria). Vetren is located just a couple of hundred meters away from the mighty Danube River, and just a few kilometres from the highly important reserve of Lake Srebarna.
Srebarna itself now granted the protection of UNESCO as a unique ornithological world cultural and natural heritage site. This gives us another perfect opportunity, during the tour, to observe or take photos of some globally threatened species like the significant; Dalmatian Pelican, Ferruginous Duck and Pygmy Cormorant - and a number of other rare and of course, more common birds.
Golden Jackal Bulgaria Tour Highlights include:
- Opportunity for observation & photography of the elusive Golden Jackal
- Visiting of the endangered European Ground Squirrel colonies
- Exploration of the Srebarna lake reserve, UNESCO world heritage site, birding place of European importance
- Opportunity for observation of rare & endangered species as: Dalmatian Pelican, Ferruginous Duck, Pygmy Cormorant and more
- Accommodation in a traditional architecture style lodge where we will taste traditional Bulgarian cuisine and world-famous wines, and other regional drinks.
Please note: this set-departure tour is also available as a private or custom tour on request. Please submit an enquiry with your preferred dates and group size.
If you'd like to try an alternative tour, take a look at this birdwatching one Birding Bulgaria Autumn Migration Tour
Join Our Fixed Tour Starting Date
|Tour Dates||Tour Availability||From Price||Spaces Left|
|25/09/2021 - 01/10/2021||available||EUR 820|| |