Ebro Delta Bird watching Tour
The Ebro Delta Experience bird watching tour is our mid-length multi-day option and is currently our most popular birding holiday. During your 4 day visit we will be taking a comprehensive look at the birds of the Ebro Delta natural park and also embarking on a day trip into Els Ports natural park with a visit to Mas de Bunyol (Vulture observatory) and spending an afternoon in the mountains looking for raptors and other bird species associated with upland terrain.
This tour features private airport transfers to and from Barcelona, Valencia or Reus International Airports and 5 nights accommodation in our private villa, situated right on the doorstep of the Ebro Delta in a tranquil countryside location. The villa will be your 'home from home' for the duration of your bird watching holiday and will comfortably accommodate parties of up to 8 people. There are also great opportunities for birding at the villa, the big raptors patrol the area regularly and species such as Hoopoe, Bee-eater & Golden Oriole are frequent too around the garden.
The Ebro Delta Experience bird watching tour offers a completely different birding day trip for each of the 4 days of your visit, starting out with a trip into the southern section of the Ebro Delta. The second day we will be heading out onto the Ebro river by private boat to see the most unspoiled areas of the delta and get close up to many varieties of birds of the river bank. On day 3 we will head into the mountains to check out feeding vultures and many other species of upland pine forest and sunny mountain slopes. The tour culminates with a day trip of the varied habitats of the northern section of the delta, completing a comprehensive overview of the bird-life and environments contained within with remarkable birding paradise!
Ebro Delta Experience bird watching tour - 5 highlights:
- Vast flocks of Greater Flamingos viewed close up on the saline lagoons of the Ebro Delta
- Wonderful waders, a diverse selection of Europe's wading birds throughout the 4 seasons
- Discovering the Ebro delta by boat with close up views of birds like Little Bittern & Purple Heron
- Vultures & Raptors on our trip to the Els Ports mountains with a memorable visit to Mas de Bunyol
- Unforgettable scenery of the unique Ebro Delta, along with fantastic seafood paellas at rustic local restaurants