During this 8-day tour, you will experience the Andes, Cloud Forest and Rainforest of one of the most megadiverse countries in the world. Peru is the second country with the biggest Amazon jungle. Expect to see White-tufted Sunbeam, Masked Fruiteater, Vilcabamba Tapaculo, White-browed Tit-Spinetail, Line-fronted Canastero, Sclater’s Tyrannulet, Ash-breasted Tit-Tyrant, Streak-fronted Thornbird, White-cheeked Tody-Flycatcher, Black-faced cotinga, Pale-winged trumpeter, Curl-crested aracari.
Reception, assistance and welcome at the Lima airport and transfer to the selected hotel. According to your flight schedule you will have the welcome briefing at morning, afternoon or night. Free day to explore the city or to rest after a long long trip.
At 8:00 am we will pick you up from your hotel and transfer you to the airport of Lima city. Arriving to Puerto Maldonado airport, reception, assistance and transfer to Inkaterra Guides Field Station. At appropriate we will walk through Inkaterra Guides Field Station exclusive trails to explore the rainforest ecosystems at the Inkaterra Ecological Reserve, where 540 bird species, 362 ant species (world record) and over 100 mammal species have been registered. At night, after dinner we will cruise on the Madre de Dios River in search of the wildlife that surfaces during nighttime. Identify the behavior of various animals such as capybaras, white caimans and nightjars, as they take advantage of the dark to roam around the Amazonian riverbanks.
At 5:30 we will walk 20 minutes to the canopy. This canopy is winner of the PURE Award in the ‘High Emotion/Low Impact’ category, the Inkaterra Canopy Walkway is a 1129ft system of 2 observation towers, 8 platforms and 7 hanging bridges 100ft above the ground. Designed to perform scientific research on ecosystems inhabiting the rainforest canopy, this attraction contributes to birdwatching and other eco-friendly activities. At appropriate time we will go back to the lodge for the lunch and after it we will catch the boat to visit Sandoval lake. Navigate with a canoe this beautiful oxbow-shaped water mirror surrounded by Aguaje palm trees (Mauritia flexuosa), inhabited by giant river otters (Pteronura brasiliensis), red howler monkeys (Alouatta seniculus), black caimans (Melanosuchus niger) and one of the world’s biggest freshwater scaled fish: the paiche (Arapaima gigas).
- Canopy Key species: Mealy Parrot, Dusky-headed Parakeet, Thrush-like Wren, Blue Dacnis, Buff-throated Saltator, Black-faced cotinga, Lined Forest-Falcon, Western Striolated-Puffbird, Lemon-throated Barbet, Cobalt-winged Parakeet, Blue-headed Parrot, Red-bellied Macaw, Blue-and-yellow Macaw, Buff-throated Woodcreeper.
- Sandoval Lake Key species: Little Cuckoo, Common Paraque, Boat-billed Heron, Amazonian Pygmy-Owl, Amazonian Trogon, Broad-billed Motmot, Semicollared Puffbird, Chestnut Woodpecker, Bluish-slate Antshrike, Plain-throated Antwren, Spot-winged Antshrike, Goeldi’s Antbird, White-chinned Woodcreeper, blue and yellow macaws (Ara ararauna), hoatzins (Opisthocomus hoazin).
We will visit the canopy for last time to continue enjoying and observing birds. At 11:00 am we will pick you up to bring you to the airport of Puerto Maldonado City. Arriving to Cusco airport and reception, assistance and transfer to the selected hotel. At 7:00 pm welcome dinner at Marcelo Batata Restaurant (Drinks are not included). Later on a briefing about the next days of tour.
We will start the tour at 05:30 am picking you up from your hotel in the city of Cusco and we will go 30 km south of the city. Many species of birds reside in the area all year round, but depending on the time of the year we can also find migratory birds that visit us from other continents. Upon our arrival, we will go to the different strategic points during the next three hours to try to spot as many birds as possible. Approximate return to Cusco at 11:00 a.m. After lunch (lunch is not included) we will start our walking tour at 15:00 hrs with the pick-up of your hotel or restaurant and walk through the city center, where we will visit two important buildings such as the Cathedral of Cusco that contains many paintings of the Cusco school and the imposing Temple of the Sun also known in Quechua as the "Qoricancha" considered in the time of the Incas as the most important sanctuary dedicated to the Sun God. Later on, we will start with our Pisco Tasting, this it will be an amazing journey into the realm of Peru's national liquor with different Pisco varieties to try and cocktails to learn to make individually with our friendly bartender. Our bar specialist will provide a basic introduction to Peruvian grapes and pisco. We will begin our tasting with non-aromatic and aromatic pisco. Finally coming to a close with a delicate Mosto Verde. We will also teach how to properly taste Pisco and how to pair these pure liquors with classic Peruvian dishes.
- Huacarpay Key species: Spotted Sandpiper, Yellow-winged Blackbird, White-bellied Hummingbird, Yellow-billed Tit-tyrant, Tufted Tit-tyrant, Yellow-billed pintail, Speckled Teal, Great Egret, Rusty-fronted Canastero (E), Cattle Egret, Striated Heron, Baird's Sandpiper.
We will pick you up at 04:30 am from your hotel in the city of Cusco and we will go 50 km northeast of the city. Just 2 hours driving and we will be in Soqma andean community. From here we will walk around 4 kilometers in a special environmental where, with luck, we can see 5 different endemic species, as well as many other interesting birds. If you have enough energy we can add 1 kilometer more uphill to get to a polylepis forest. In similar altitudes so close to here we could see Junin Canastero and White browed tii-Spinetail At 12:00 we will go to Ollantaytambo town, that is in the way to Machu Picchu Citadel. Here we will enjoy one of the most traditional Incas lunch: Pachamanca. Pachamanca is a traditional Peruvian dish based on the baking, with the aid of hot stones (the earthen oven is known as a huatia), of lamb, pork, chicken or guinea pig, marinated in spices accompanied with potato, green lima beans or "habas", sweet potato and humitas (sweet treat) as well as ears of corn, tamale and chili, which are also is included in the baking. At 18:15 hrs walking transfer to Ollantaytambo train station to board your train service that will bring you to Aguas Calientes town. Overnight at Aguas Calientes town.
- Socma Key species: Sparkling Violetear, Green-tailed Trainbearer, Bearded Mountaineer, Tyrian Metaltail, White-tufted Sunbeam, Giant Hummingbird, Andean Parakeet, Rusty-fronted Canastero, Streak-throated Bush-Tyrant, House Wren, White-capped Dipper, Hooded Siskin, Moustached Flowerpiercer, Peruvian Sierra-Finch, Mourning Sierra-Finch, Chestnut-breasted Mountain-Finch, Greenish Yellow-Finch.
We will start this tour at 05:30 hrs picking you up from your hotel. We will start a peaceful walk towards to Ruinas bridge. Once we get there we will explore the area in order to search for woodpeckers, tanagers and others peculiar species of birds. Then we will continue towards Mandor. The landscape is flat and passes through gardens and cloud forests, both of which host an array of birds and orchids. At 10:00 we will return to Aguas Calientes town to have our lunch (Lunch is not included) At 14:00 hrs our guide will be waiting in Machu Picchu entrance, to start the tour (tour duration: 02 hrs approximately) At 17:30 hrs you will go by yourself to board the train back to Cusco City
- Machu Picchu Key species (Citadel, Mandor water falls and Ruinas bridge): Torrent Duck, Black and Chestnut Eagle, Lyre-tailed Nightjar, Band-billed Owl, Chestnut-collared and White-tipped Swiffs, Green Hermit, Speckled Hummingbird, Long-tailed Sylph, Buff-thighed puffleg, Collared Inca, Chestnut-breasted Coronet, Booted Racket-tail, White-bellied Woodstar, Green-and-White Hummingbird (E), Masked Trogon, Andean Motmot, Black-streaked Puffbird, Versicolored Barbet, Blue-banded Toucanet, Ocellated Piculet, Streak-necked and Inca, Masked Fruiteater (E) and Inca Wren (E)
According your flight schedule we will pick you up from your hotel and transfer to the airport of Cusco. End of the services.