The Best of the Highlands and Aberdeenshire in Spring
This 7-day Cairngorms Wildlife Park and Coast Tour is leisurely paced and available on set departure. It will start and end in Royal Deeside. It is the side of the Cairngorms National Park that not many people know about.
It is a glen with large areas of Caledonian forest that hug the edges of the Munros and protect the charming villages of Braemar, Ballater, and Aboyne.
It is a wildlife haven and the best place to get a real sense of how diverse and beautiful Scotland's wildlife is. There may be as many as 15 species of mammals and 130 species of birds.
In this Cairngorms Wildlife Park tour we will explore the rest of Aberdeenshire, which is one of the best places in the UK to see birds, by going east along the beautiful River Dee. Some of the largest seabird colonies in the UK are in Aberdeenshire, which is also home to Cranes, Corn Buntings, and Bearded Tits. This is quite different from the mountain tops of the nearby Cairngorms, which are home to a different set of birds.
On any given day, you can walk past ancient Granny pines, watch Mountain Hares soak up the sun, be amazed by Golden and White-tailed Eagles, watch Crossbills expertly gather cones, see nationally rare butterflies and moths, and end the day by meeting Pine Martens and Badgers.
During this week, we will show you everything from Arctic-alpine plants, Beavers, Eagles, and Red Deer to seabird cities, Bottlenose Dolphins, and beautiful butterflies.
Cairngorms Wildlife Park and Coast Tour Highlights Include:
- Pine Martens, Badgers & Red Squirrels
- Watch Golden & White-tailed Eagles, Peregrine & Goshawks display over woodlands
- Enjoy the remarkable performance of Black Grouse lekking
- Incredible invertebrates including Emperor Moth and potentially Kentish Glory
- Exploring some of the best bits of Caledonian Forest remaining in Scotland
- Search for Mountain Hares and Ptarmigan on the peaks
- Explore further afield for Beavers & Bottlenose Dolphins
- Visit a seabird city and stunning tern colony, and marvel at migrating waders
- Look for Cranes, Bearded Tits, and Corn Buntings in the marshes and lowlands
- Stay in high-quality accommodation
- Both Rachael & Dan as leaders even with groups of four (best leader: guest ratio around)
Please note: this set-departure tour is also available as a private or custom tour on request. Please submit an enquiry with your preferred dates and group size.
If you’d like to try an alternative tour, look at what this Cairngorms Highland Wildlife Park & Islands Tour has to offer.
Alternative Tour Name: Cairngorms and Coast wildlife in Spring
Join Our Fixed Tour Starting Date
|Tour Dates||Tour Availability||From Price||Spaces Left|
|06/05/2023 - 12/05/2023||available||GBP 1,545||