Wildlife Photography Tour focusing on Bolivian Macaws
This is a 6-day Bolivian Macaw Photography Tour designed to explore Bolivia’s contrasting landscapes through the lens of your camera while visiting two spectacular, award-winning hotspots east of the Andes that is home to the critically endangered macaws of Bolivia.
The varying habitats on this Bolivian Macaw tour will bring an exciting assortment of wildlife to enjoy and photograph while focusing on two extremely rare and endemic macaws – the Blue-throated Macaw and the Red-Fronted Macaw.
For photographers and nature lovers, the Amazon lowlands and the foothills of the Andes mountains of Bolivia represent the wild heart of South America. The astounding fauna there is certain to inspire.
Part of what makes wildlife photography in Bolivia special is that some of its notable birds are particularly showy and amazing ones. More to the point, it has an incredible diversity of macaws (Bolivia has twelve species of macaw, the highest diversity of macaws in the world.) These will be front and centre in our visit, with a focus on two endemic species which are not only gorgeous and charismatic but also extremely rare – the Blue-throated Macaw of the Bolivian Amazon and the Red-fronted Macaw of the dry inter-Andean valleys of central Bolivia.
Enjoy up-close observation of the behaviours and interactions of wildlife in their native habitats. Seek out these highly coveted macaws and other remarkable wildlife, so you can get the award-winning shots you’re looking for.
Note that this trip is a completely private experience and can be (highly) customised at will. You’ll certainly see many other species as we look for these.
Of course, not all showy Bolivian birds are macaws, there are the rheas, hummingbirds, toucans, tanagers, warbling-finches, crescentchests, puffbirds, trogons... We could go on of course (check itinerary for species list) but you get the idea: this country is full of riches, including a growing infrastructure of pleasant local lodges and knowledgeable birding guides.
Bolivia is a prime destination for bird watchers and wildlife photographers. The perfect place for your next adventure.
So, come on and join us to capture the essence of tropical Bolivia with your camera, on this 6-day Bolivian Macaw exploration focusing on unique macaws and other rare wildlife. This distinctive travel experience has been designed specifically with photographers in mind but we’d be happy to tweak it to meet your specific needs. Immerse yourself in some of the most pristine and photogenic regions in South America.
Top 5 Highlights
- Great chances to see and photograph extremely rare wildlife at close range, including two of the rarest macaws in the wild and a high diversity of other birds and mammals.
- Experience some of the best and easiest birding in the world, and a great place to take award-winning shots as you’ll enjoy the freedom to choose the angle of view, light direction...
- Support the Blue-throated Macaw Reserve: saving the Blue-throated Macaw from extinction by creating the world’s first protected area for the species and tackling the illegal pet trade.
- Support the Red-Fronted Macaw Reserve: protecting the endangered Red-fronted Macaw by empowering indigenous communities.
- Make a real contribution towards ensuring the survival of Bolivia’s rare and unique fauna and flora by joining two of the most critical conservation initiatives in this country.
Note: This trip can be run any time as a custom tour.
Like the look of this tour and keen to explore what else is on offer? Take a look at this Bolivia Wildlife Photo Tour
Alternative Tour Name: Macaws and Nature Photography Tour