This is a 15-day trip in the Bolivian lowlands in search of big mammals and rare and endangered wildlife, concentrating on three different conservation locations for the best chance of seeing wildlife in its natural environment. Each module is a flexible 5 days and 4 nights’ adventure.
Arrive Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia
If you have a passion to help animals, travel to Cochabamba on the foothills of the Andes for Animal Care Assignment in the Yungas rainforests of Cochabamba.
Help look after wildlife rescued from illegal traffickers by becoming a Bolivia wildlife volunteer at CIWY. Nestled in a verdant riverine valley near the town of Villa Tunari, roughly 150 km from Cochabamba, lies Parque Machía municipal reserve and Comunidad Inti Wara Yassi (CIWY).
Conveniently on the highway between Cochabamba and Santa Cruz, this local Wildlife Sanctuary has become one of South America's leading centres for the care of wildlife rescued from illegal traffickers. Over the past decades, animal trafficking has drastically increased in Bolivia and, as a result, Bolivia wildlife conservation and specifically the help of volunteers is extremely valuable.
When volunteering in Bolivia, your time at the sanctuary can be tailored to your specific interests depending on how long you are spending here. If you are spending two or three weeks on the project you will have an all-round experience working amongst all the residents at the sanctuary, and if you are spending four or more weeks you can choose to focus on working with specific animals at the sanctuary. So if it has always been your dream to volunteer with monkeys, or to help save the exotic birds, all you have to do is ask!
In order to work with the animals in CIWY centres, volunteers must commit to a minimum of either 14 or 29 days, depending on the area of work. Work with all felines and certain monkey groups requires a minimum of 29 days.
Return to Santa Cruz or carry on to La Paz for your next assignment
What is included?
- Local transfers and all ground transport throughout the tour
- Internal flights where applicable
- All accommodation or lodgings based on double occupancy
- Single occupancy available for an additional charge/cost
- Professional tri-lingual guide and support staff
- Specialist guide fees
- Entrance fees to all National Parks, Nature Reserves and/or use of Hides where applicable
- All meals
- Snacks throughout the tour
- Water throughout the tour
- All activities as specified within the tour itinerary
- Personalised checklists
- All Applicable Taxes
What is not included?
- All international or domestic airfares
- Visa Fees (if applicable)
- Travel & medical insurance (incl. personal equipment and repatriation)
- Airport departure taxes or visa fees
- Bank transfer charges
- Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks
- If providing binoculars and telescopes then add within above
- Laundry & telephone Charges
- Gratuities and extras (phone calls, laundry, etc.)
- Optional tour extensions where applicable
- Any other drinks not mentioned above
- Anything else not mentioned in “What is included”