Southern India Black Panther Safari Tour
This 8-day Black Panther Safari Tour is a leisurely-paced trip available on request, where you get a chance to explore the dense and richly diverse forests of southern India. Besides the opportunity to see the majestic Black Panther in the wild, expect to see around 50 species of bird and approximately 10 other wildlife species including Asiatic elephants, tigers, leopards and wild dogs.
A paradise perfect for leopards, Kabini National Park gets its name from the river Kabini, which meanders through the southern reaches of Karnataka. This forest has a two-fold attraction – the beautiful Kabini River itself and the picturesque forests that are home to diverse wildlife. What sets Kabini apart from other wildlife reserves is the fact that it is home to the elusive ghost of the forests, the Black Panther.
The other attractions are of course the majestic Royal Bengal Tigers and the legendary Asiatic Elephants, not to forget the rich diversity of avifauna that can be found here. Kabini over the years has become a treasure trove for wildlife enthusiasts and is definitely among the finest destinations for a Black Panther Safari in India.
Bandipur National Park was once the hunting reserve for the Maharaja of the Kingdom of Mysore. Established in the year 1974 as a tiger reserve under the Project Tiger, Bandipur is the most prominent national park located in the south Indian state of Karnataka and is best known for its varied wildlife boasting different biomes in the dry deciduous forest. Today Bandipur is well known for it’s healthy tiger populations.
A part of the Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve, Bandipur is home to the highest populations of Asiatic Elephants in southern India. Bandipur is a paradise for bird watchers as well, it is an abode for more than 200 bird species and especially a few that are endemic just to the Nilgiri mountain ranges.
Black Panther Safari Tour Highlights include:
- Kabini is blessed with diverse wildlife and is home to India’s Big 3 – the Royal Bengal Tiger, the Asiatic Elephant and the Leopard. A unique combination that is truly unparalleled
- Home to the elusive Black Panther, Kabini is one of the finest destinations across the globe where you can observe and photograph the rarity. The best destination for the Black Panther Safari for sure!
- The picturesque forests of Kabini are a paradise for bird watchers, with as many as 200 bird species reported Kabini has a lot to offer for birding enthusiasts
- Being a part of the Nilgiri Mountain Ranges, the Bandipur Tiger Reserve is home to diverse wildlife some of which is endemic to these areas and cannot be found anywhere else in the world!
- The state of Karnataka has the second-highest tiger population in the country as per the latest tiger census and watching these majestic beasts amid the lush forest scape of Southern India is a surreal experience.
If you have a little more time to spend on your holiday, maybe you'd consider a longer trip like this one Snow Leopard Expedition in the Himalayas, India
Alternative Tour Name: Black Panther Expedition