Lithuania Birding Tour for Twitchers
This 8-days birds of lithuania is the world cup final for your Lithuanian checklist of wildlife and 200 species of birds! Top Lithuania’s paradise for birdwatchers’ destinations – Nemunas delta regional park, Curonian Spit National Park and North-East Lithuania – this tour will offer opportunities to see/hear some of Europe’s most rare birds’ species.
We will meet in West Lithuania at the Nemunas Delta Wilderness to experience birds of lithuania – the birders paradise – 170 species of breeding rarities here, including such as: Aquatic and Blyth’s Reed Warbler, Great Snipe, Greater and Lesser Spotted Eagle, Citrine Wagtail and many others. Enjoying the delta and the Curonian Lagoon by small ship, transfer to Klaipėda.
Entering the Lithuanian amber coast is a core place to find some key species of birds of lithuania– Curonian Spit National Park. Vast sand dunes’ landscape separating the Baltic sea from the Curonian Lagoon is breath-taking combining the variety of seabirds and specialities of the Spit, such as Red breasted Flycatcher and Greenish Warbler of the ancient forests of Juodkrantė and Tawny Pipits and Woodlarks in the dunes.
Exploring Lithuania’s National and Regional Parks will strike you with the diversity of the Lithuanian landscapes. Natural meadows, large and small lakes, swamps hidden in both coniferous and broadleaf forests, and the spirit of each region of Lithuania. Capture Lithuania’s natural beauty and birds of lithuania.
Birds of Lithuania Tour highlights include
- Rarest and most wanted bird species breeding in Eastern Europe, get this in one tour, starting with the charismatic Aquatic warbler and building up your checklist up to 200+ species, is going to be our main target if you join our special tour. We will visit as many habitats and protected area as possible and we will have not much time for rest, but of course, we always make sure all are comfortable with the pace.
- If the weather allows we listen for Eagle Owl, Tawny and even Short-eared Owls and Great Snipe, Little Bitterns, Spotted, Little and Corn Crakes. We will go to the best spots for Ural, Pygmy and Nightjars at some point in the evenings. Thrush Nightingales, Blyth’s Reed, Grasshopper and Savi’s Warblers, Greenish Warbler and even maybe Booted Warbler is our “menu” in finely selected areas.
- An early start after breakfast also allows us to spot some local large mammals as European Elk, Red, Fallow and Roe Deer and many Red Foxes, Badgers, Beavers and if lucky Otter, or Pine Marten. In the East tracks of Lynx, Wolf and European Bisons are also just everywhere.
- This tour is not only a common birding trip but to make it special, we added a spicy list, which will boil any serious birder blood. From the Baltic see to the “Lake District” in the East of the country, we will allow you to enjoy the Baltics Nature in its full glory. During day time when birds are less active, we will relax or use the time to travel to new exciting areas in search of not yet seen wilderness.
- Crossing different cultural areas you will also get to know the local traditions and try some of the exotic Lithuanian cuisines and to enjoy the beauty and uniqueness of every region we will visit.
Like the look of this tour but want to try a different location? This trip might be the one for you Nemunas Delta Birding Tour, Lithuania
Alternative Tour Name: Twitching Lithuania Tour