Birding Discovery Day - Spring on the Yorkshire Coast, England
Join us on a full-day Spring Birding Discovery Day on Yorkshire’s spectacular coast.
It’s an exciting time to visit as huge numbers of long-distance migrants flood back to northern Europe from Africa and southern Europe.
You’re likely to see anything from various warblers, songbirds, raptors, wildfowl and hirundines to thousands of nesting seabirds - including Atlantic Puffins, Northern Gannets, Common Guillemots and Razorbills. You may even come across Red-backed Shrike, Rosy Starling and other rare wanderers!
You’ll visit some of the country’s most iconic birding hotspots to see these migrants. With our expert guide’s good knowledge of the area, we’ll make sure you’ll be in the thick of the action!
Our small group sizes (5 guests plus guide) mean you’ll have ample opportunity to learn about bird species, take photographs and travel at a more leisurely pace.
One thing’s for sure - these are incredible days and not to be missed!
You may see up to 40 species of bird, including:
Common Guillemot, Razorbill, Atlantic Puffin, Northern Gannet, Northern Fulmar, Black-legged Kittiwake, Dunlin, Ringed Plover, Red Knot, Little Ringed Plover, Ruff, Common Sandpiper, Green Sandpiper, Wood Sandpiper, Marsh Harrier, Barn Swallow, House Martin, Sand Martin, Common Swift, Cuckoo, Willow Warbler, Chiffchaff, Blackcap, Garden Warbler, Common Whitethroat, Lesser Whitethroat, Grasshopper Warbler, Reed Warbler, Sedge Warbler, Redstart, Ring Ouzel, Spotted Flycatcher, Pied Flycatcher
- Visit iconic locations such as Flamborough Head, Bempton Cliffs, Filey Brigg or Scarborough (or any combination of these)
- Professional, local expert guide with a lifetime of birding knowledge in Yorkshire
- Being taken to the thick of the birding action!
- A small group of 6, creating great opportunities to interact with your guide
- Learn more about migrant bird species
- A full day out with lots of opportunities for photography - a great take home souvenir!
- An interactive and free Yorkshire Wildlife Checklist so you tick things off as you go