Birdwatching Tour in Central Italy
Enjoy our wonderful Birding Central Italy Tour! Ancient Tuscia, the area between the provinces of Rome and Viterbo, holds environments of extraordinary value, both from a landscape and wildlife conservation point of view. Tuscia is a great place for birdwatching: during the year more than 100 bird species found here refuge, using coastal wetlands, rural ecosystems, and mountain massifs as a nesting, wintering, or stopover site during migration.
Among the many species that we are going to observe, two prominent species closely related to anthropic constructions, the lesser kestrel (Falco naumanni), a falcon that nests inside the structure where we will spend the night, the B&B Naumanni, a place surrounded by nature from which you can take breathtaking shots, and the European roller (Coracias garrulus), one of the most colourful representatives of the European birdlife.
Accompanied by an ornithologist, we will explore the Mignone river valley, the coastal wetlands, and the Tolfa mountains, three of the most interesting places in Lazio for birdwatching and nature photography, as well as visiting the picturesque scenery that makes ancient Tuscia a place of unquestionable charm.
Birding Central Italy Tour highlights include:
- Overnight stay in close contact with the lesser kestrel nests
- Some of the most beautiful birds of the Western Palearctic: European roller and European bee-eater
- Exploration of many environments in search of dozens of bird species, including many birds of prey and water birds
- The beautiful countryside of the Mignone Valley and its badlands
- The old city of Tarquinia and the typical cuisine of Lazio
How about a tour to explore some of Italy's finest mammals? Most notable being the Italian Wolf and Bear. For more information on this tour visit Italian Wolf and Bear Tour in Abruzzo