North of Naples Birding in Italy Trip
A full-day birding in Italy trip along the northern Campania coastline visiting the most interesting wetlands of the region. Starting from Naples where we will explore a huge diversity of environments: lagoons, reedbeds, volcanic lakes and river mouths.
During the year more than 100 species of birds can be spotted here including migratory, wintering and nesting species and, often, rarities too! This area is renowned for Mozzarella and our lunch stop will give you the chance to test the best version of this cheese you will ever taste.
The first part of the Italian birdwatching trip will be focused in identifying the highest number of species; the second part has the goal to make you enjoy a now underestimated but historically very much appreciated- area of the region: the fascinating Phlegrean Fields.
For those who would like to have a short urban birding tour, we also offer half-day trips in Naples, that, with its view on the Mediterranean Sea, its cliffs and its urban parks, offer excellent opportunities for urban birding.
In addition, we can guide you in others gems of the region as the majestic Mount Vesuvius, the Sorrento Peninsula and the islands of Capri, Ischia and Procida. These world-famous places not only offer some of the most breathtaking landscapes of Europe but as well a very good opportunity for birding and wildlife watching.
Italian Birding Trip Highlights:
- Dozen and dozens of bird species observable throughout the year
- Many target species, including ferruginous duck, yelkouan shearwater, glossy ibis and Audouin’s gull
- Exploration of a great variety of natural and rural environments
- The breathtaking scenery of the Phlegraean Fields
- Not just birdwatching! Tasting of the original Campania buffalo Mozzarella