South Australia & Victoria Birding Tour
This 13-day Bird Watching South Australia & Victoria Tour is moderately paced available as set-departure (on request),birds the region between the southern cities of Adelaide and Melbourne, concentrating on the many specialities of the southern coastal region of Australia and the adjacent interior, including a taste of the Australian outback.
This birding tour through South Australia and Victoria yields over 250 species and experience an amazing variety of landscapes and habitats, including the outback mountains of the Flinders Ranges, its adjacent stony-scrubby deserts, vast expanses of eucalypt scrubland at Birdlife Australia’s Gluepot Reserve, rich wetlands and rivers including Australia’s greatest river, the Murray, spectacular coastal areas including the famous Great Ocean Road and tall, dense eucalypt forests on the slopes of the Dandenong Ranges near Melbourne.
"Thanks for a wonderful trip. I’ll always remember it fondly. The variety of birds seen was impressive!" -Ron W.
This birding South Australia & Victoria adventure includes some of the country's hardest to find, yet most sought-after species, including grasswrens, Plains-wanderer, Superb Lyrebird, Satin Bowerbird, whistlers, quail-thrushes, many parrots including Regent and Superb, 4 species of Fairy-wren, many raptors and waterbirds, Malleefowl and much, much more.
This birding tour strikes a perfect balance between maximising the species count and the number of days on the road plus the option to continue on to Tasmania or join the pre-tour extension to Kangaroo Island. Mammals also won’t be forgotten with Koala, Wombat, 5 spp of macropod including the endangered Yellow-footed Rock-wallaby, Echidna and other species possible.
Join us on this tour which is now in its 14th season!
Bird Watching South Australia & Victoria Tour - Top 5 highlights:
- The ultra-scenic Flinders Ranges with its majestic Wedge-tailed Eagles and diminutive Short-tailed Grasswrens
- Stunning coastal scenery along the southern Great Ocean road while a Rufous Bristlebird scuttles across the road, Blue-winged Parrots feed in the heather, and the rare Hooded Plover inhabits unspoilt Southern Ocean beaches
- Explore mysterious, dense & tall Eucalypt forests where Gang-gang Cockatoos call from stately trees which are also home to cute & cuddly Koalas
- A night-time birdwatching Australia escapade like no other: spotlighting for the near-extinct, monotypic Plains Wanderer in vast outback grasslands
- A visit to Birdlife Australia’s premier reserve containing 6 threatened species, observable from a network of bird hides: "Gluepot" is the jewel in the crown of Australia's nature sanctuaries.
Please note: this tour is also available as a private tour on request and subject to availability. Please complete the enquiry form and let us know your preferred dates to travel.
Would you enjoy a specialist tour such as the Australian Birding Adventure: Comfortable Nine Grasswren Tour?
Alternative Name: Great Southern Birding Tour
Join Our Fixed Tour Starting Date
|Tour Dates||Tour Availability||From Price||Spaces Left|
|31/10/2022 - 12/11/2022||guaranteed||AUD 7,699||