Norfolk Birdwatching Houseparty in October
Come and enjoy exciting autumn birdwatching with us on our October Houseparty for bird watching in North Norfolk. Here on the North Norfolk coast the skies will be full of swirling flocks of waders and wildfowl as thousands of birds arrive from continental Europe seek milder conditions for the winter. With resident birds and autumn migrants it is the most exciting time of year for bird watching in North Norfolk and the perfect time to enjoy birds in large numbers on the North Norfolk coast. In October anything can and does turn up on this fantastic stretch of wild coastline.
Join our relaxed-pace guided bird watching holiday as we spend the week based in a wonderful, comfortably-appointed house right on the shore on this unspoiled stretch of coastline in North Norfolk, the perfect location for our Birdwatching Trip. Each day we enjoy an exciting day's bird watching in North Norfolk as we visit some of Britain’s flagship nature reserves and hidden corners in this beautiful area, and we will take our time to watch resident birds along with the masses of migrants arriving. Our Norfolk October Birdwatching Houseparty allows us to enjoy exciting bird watching in North Norfolk during the day, and total relaxation every evening at our comfortable home-from-home, feel free to bring your slippers! Each evening we catch up on our bird list for the day, often with a G&T or glass of wine in hand, before heading to one of the historic local inns for a delicious evening meal.
During our week-long stay we will also visit the famous nature reserves at RSPB Titchwell, Cley NWT, Holkham NNR, Welney WWT, Hickling Broad and Holme Bird Observatory. We will draw on our huge experience of birding in this area and will also be in constant touch with the very latest birding information to ensure we see as many bird species as possible during our bird watching in North Norfolk Tour. However, with six full birding days to enjoy the birdwatching delights of North Norfolk, the pace of our days will be relaxed with plenty of time to enjoy every bird encounter.
Just five highlights of this exciting Birdwatching Trip are:
- Watching tens of thousands of Pink-footed Geese lifting up off the marshes at dawn
- Close encounters with migrant birds dropping in on their journey south, expect the unexpected!
- Tides and weather permitting watching the incredible spectacle of hundreds waders on the move at the high tide wader roost at RSPB Snettisham
- Watching Marsh Harriers quartering the marshes, skeins of geese passing overhead and maybe a Barn Owl or two from the balcony of our property, with maybe a cup of tea or a G&T in hand if you wish!
- Rounding off a wonderful day's birdwatching with a delicious evening meal majoring on local produce in one of the delightful characterful inns in this special area
Alternative Tour Name: Norfolk October Birdwatching Houseparty
Join Our Fixed Tour Starting Date
|Tour Dates||Tour Availability||From Price||Spaces Left|
|15/10/2021 - 22/10/2021||available||GBP 1,500||