Bird Photography in Guatemala
This leisurely paced 9-day Guatemala Bird & Wildlife Photography trip is available on request and encompasses both the Lowlands and Highlands of the country. There's the possibility of seeing and photographing up to 200 bird species, as well as a variety of Guatemala's primates, mammals, reptiles and amphibians.
The habitat during this bird photography in Guatemala tour varies from Tropical Dry, Montane Evergreen and Pine-Oak Forests, home to the Scarlet Macaw, Agami Heron, Pheasant Cuckoo, Tody Motmot and Laughing Falcons. There's also the opportunity to visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Tikal, with its towering pyramid temples and a favoured habitat of the Ocellated Turkey, Orange-breasted Falcon and Red-capped Manakin.
We also visit the Las Guacamayas Biological Station at Laguna del Tigre in Peten, which does important conservation work for the surrounding wildlife, including the Scarlet Macaw and many wild monkeys, as well as big cats like the ocelot, jaguar, data and puma.
In the Highlands of Guatemala, you will have the opportunity not only for bird and wildlife photography but also for shots of spectacular landscapes like the Atitlan lake and historic areas in the colonial city of Antigua. We also tour the Los Tarrales coffee plantation in the foothills of the Atitlan volcano, where you will be able to take pictures of Long-Tailed Manakins, Motmots, Chachalacas and the Resplendent Quetzal, Guatemala's national bird.
To ensure the possibility of taking good pictures on this bird photography in Guatemala tour, and allow guests to benefit from the experience and insight of our expert guides, this trip is limited to a maximum of 6 people.
Guatemala Bird & Wildife Photography tour highlights include:
- The opportunity to visit both the Highland and Lowland regions to appreciate the breath and diversity of Guatemala's animal population
- Exploring the ancient Mayan city of Tikal, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- The chance to photograph some of Guatemala's unique birds, inclduing the elusive Scarlet Macaw, Resplendent Quetzals and Ocellated Turkeys
- Encountering the country's lively monkeys and majestic big cats such as the panther, ocelot and puma
- Visit a working coffee plantation andleanr about its important conservation work
Like the look of this tour but are keen to find out what else is on offer? Explore the Birding in Guatemala Coffee Plantations Tour for another great birding experience.
Alternative tour name: Birdwatching and Wildlife Spotting Photography Tour of Guatemala's Lowlands and Highlands