Australian Tropical Savanna Wildlife and Scenery Tour
Drive/Fly: Road Trip - Darwin - Kakadu - Katherine - Victoria River Region - Kimberly (WA)
Return Flight Kununurra-Darwin
All inclusive of: Flights, Cruises, Meals and 10 nights motel/hotel accommodation (see inclusions and itinerary)
A 10-day Australian Tropical Savanna Wildlife Tour from the Tropical Port of Darwin the Northern Territory, through Kakadu and across the expanses of the Victoria River region to the famed 'Kimberley'. Suitable for Bird watching, other Wildlife and Scenery. Whether you passion is Birdwatching (Birding), Mammal spotting or experiencing vast landscapes, this tour may suit you. We also can offer alternative activities for your travelling partner.
TOP FIVE HIGHLIGHTS
- Enjoying the 'cool' of the tranquil tropical morning overlooking a mist-covered wetland alive with the gaggle, calls and song of the abundant birdlife. (Fogg Dam - Darwin and Yellow Water Billabong - Kakadu)
- Being 'dumbstruck' at you first glimpse of the purple, yellow, red and blue colours of a mature Gouldian Finch coming into drink with another 50-100 of its flock, (Katherine and Timber Creek), or the flash of iridescent coloured wingflash highlighted against the olive green wing of the Rainbow Pitta among the shaded thicket, (Darwin - Kakadu)
- The almost indescribable feeling of inspiration and wonder as you look out over vast, richly coloured sandstone escarpments and formations the Top End. (Kakadu, Nitmiluk, Victoria River and Kununurra)
- Seeing 250+ species of bird, many of which are endemic to either Australia, Australia Savanna or the Northern Territory
- Being mesmerised by stark, vibrant and unforgettable tropical sunsets. (Darwin, Kakadu, Nitmiluk, Victoria River District and The Kimberly)
We will explore the diverse range of habitats from Coastal vine forests, into tropical wetlands, up into the stone-country outliers of the Arnhemland escarpment, along with tropical savanna river systems and across woodlands and plains.
In 10 days we will have the opportunity to see; 10 species of grass finches, including the, sought after 'Gouldian Finch', 5 Sandstone endemic birds, the monsoonal thicket 'Rainbow Pitta' plus over 300 more bird species.
The iconic 'Saltwater' Crocodile is present in our waterways and we will have more than one chance to view them, as well as its smaller cousin the freshwater crocodile and a host of other reptiles and frog species.
We will also find (both incidentally and targeted), North Australian Macropods (kangaroo/wallaby species), nocturnal marsupials such as the Northern Sugar-glider, and an array of attractive (and not so) insects such as butterflies.
All this wildlife will be viewed whilst making our way past stunning scenery from start to finish. all interpreted and explained by an experienced and knowledgeable guide.
If you don't want to confine yourself to just one wildlife trip this holiday, have a look here at what else you could do, this day birding trip may take your fancy ‘Just for the Birds’, NT Birding Trip, Australia