Peruvian Amazon Wildlife Tour
This is a 4-day Amazon Wildlife Tour based from the Tambopata Research Center in the heart of the Peruvian Amazon. This unique Amazon wildlife tour will showcase a variety species including Jaguars, Macaw parrots, Red Howler Monkey, Caimans, Toucans, White-lipped Peccary, Capybara, Morpho Butterfly amongst a number of other unique wildlife species from this remote South American eco-lodge.
The Tambopata Research Center is a 24 room spacious boutique eco-lodge, with bar, a massage centre, and buffet service in the heart of National Reserve of Tambopata, being the only lodge inside the reserve surrounded by dozens of macaw nests belonging to the Macaw Project. Based at this eco-lodge travellers will immerse themselves in wildlife throughout this Amazon Wildlife Tour. Although known for its ongoing research of macaws for more than 20 years, there is much more to see at the Tambopata Research Center including two types of clay licks.
Peru concentrates 70% of the planet's biodiversity. Doing an Amazon Wildlife Peru Tour in Tambopata, Madre de Dios is undoubtedly an opportunity to access some of the most biodiverse forests on the planet.
Our experienced naturalist guides will take you to the Tambopata National Reserve, which has more than 600 species of birds, 1200 species of butterflies, 103 species of amphibians, 164 species of mammals and 103 reptiles represents a biodiversity hotspot.
4 out of 10 explorers who arrive in Tambopata have the possibility of watching a jaguar enjoying the banks of the Tambopata River. Actually, the Tambopata Research Center is considered the paradise of the macaws, and being the only eco-lodge within the Tambopata National Reserve, its pristine forests have the best wildlife sightings in the region.
- Opportunity to look for the 8 species of monkeys on the region
- Immersing in pristine Amazon rainforest in the of the Tambopata National Reserve
- Waking up with natural calls by scarlet macaws or maybe howler monkeys
- After dinner night lecture by scientists regarding the biology of macaws and the threats to their conservation
- Sunset Cruise to see Jaguars on the river banks of the Amazon river
- Exploring different types of forest letting you meet the giants of the rainforest, giant trees with hundreds of years
- Connecting with nature through the unique loading the Tambopata Research Center offers
Alternative Tour Name: Tambopata Research Center Tour