Alpine Birdwatching Tour
A three-day Alpine birding trek seeking a variety of bird species including the Wallcreeper (Tichodroma muraria), Snowfinch (Montifringilla nivalis), Alpine acentor (Prunella collaris) and Red-Billed and Yellow-Billed Choughs (Pyrrhocorax pyrrhocorax; Pyrrhocorax graculus) are some of the Alpine Birds to watch in the first Spain National Park. Picos de Europa is not only impressive by its birds but by its telluric peaks. A comfortable 10km trek looking for Alpine Birds while touching the sky (June to September).
Alternative Name: Alpine Birding Trek
Brown Bear tour (May-June and August-September) One day looking for and learning about the ecology of the Cantabrian Brown Bears (Ursus arctos) in the western part of the Cantabrian Mountains. Almost extinct in the 80´s this isolated Brown Bear population of Southern Europe is slightly recovering. At sunrise and sunset we will search for bears with telescopes.
The hunting Wild Cat (September to June) The Cantabrian Mountains are the only place in Western Europe where to spot a Wild Cat (Felis silvestris) is not a dream. These elusive hunters look for Montane Water Voles (Arvicola scherman) in specific Mountain meadows. These carnivores really respect the cars so it is driving though the proper path the best chance to spot one. Partridges On The Snow
Partridges on the Snow (December to March) Pyrenean Grey Partridge (Perdix perdix hispaniensis) is a rare subspecies of Grey Partridge which only inhabits in Northern Iberian Mountains. When the snow covers high altitude Mountain passes, is the only moment to easily detect these secretive birds. This unique habitat covered by heath and scrubland is also the home to another rare mammal: the Broom Hare (Lepus castroviejoi) endemic to the Cantabrian Mountains. Birding Picos de Europa National Park
What is included?
- All accommodation or lodgings based on double occupancy
- Single occupancy available for an additional charge/cost
- Professional bi-lingual guide(s) and support staff, or
- Local transfers and all ground transport throughout the tour
- Entrance fees to all National Parks, Nature Reserves and/or use of Hides where applicable
- All meals
- Snacks throughout the tour
- Water throughout the tour
- All activities as specified within the tour itinerary
- Available to use
- Insurance covering accidents during tour
- All Applicable Taxes
What is not included?
- All international or domestic airfares
- Visa Fees (if applicable)
- Travel & medical insurance (incl. personal equipment and repatriation)
- Airport departure taxes or visa fees
- Items of personal nature or,
- Excess baggage charges
- Laundry & telephone Charges
- Optional trip/tour/safari extensions where applicable
- Tips & gratuities
- Any other drinks not mentioned above
- Anything else not mentioned in “What is included”
For us, helping you enjoy your free time is a serious matter. Our hikes and activities are designed to be a unique and unforgettable experience. We provide private tours in small groups to give you an intimate viewing of nature. We want to make sure that you know the territory in a real and meaningful way. With us, you won’t be just a simple turist! -Day and several-day hikes -Wildlife watching -Wildlife photography hides