Some of the rare species that can be seen are Rufous–necked Hornbill, Beautiful Nuthatch, White belied heron, Satyr Tragopan, Black –necked Crane, Wood Snipe, Wards Trogon, Yellow- rumped Honey Guide, Rufus throated Wren Babbler, You will also encounter the fabulous Ibisbill, Fire-tailed Myzornis and a plethora of other gorgeous and little known Himalayan species.
Early morning birding above Phuntsoling 300 mtrs. . Drive to Thimphu (2240m) with birding stops along the way. Overnight in Thimphu at Hotel.(Long day drive).
AM: Birding north of Thimphu at Jigme Dorji National Park in the Cheri valley, @2564m. PM: Sightseeing in Thimphu. Overnight at Thimpu at Hotel.
AM departure; along central highway to Dochala (3150m); bird east side of pass by walking the highway. Drive to Punakha and visit Punakha dzong. Drive north along Mo Chu (river) towards Jigme Dorji NP, birding along road to Shatem campsite (1670m) Camp overnight in tents.
AM: Bird upriver (north) from campsite in the national park. PM:
Bird down river from campsite.
AM: Depart for Gangtey with stops en route as we climb towards Pelela. PM: Leave the central highway, turning south towards Gangtey and walk from near the Gangteyla pass at 3358m down into the Phobjika valley. Visit Gangtey Gompa. Night at Gompa Guest House (2960m).
AM departure for Pelela (3412m). Birding walk down the old road (3375-3000m), stopping for picnic lunch. Drive to Trongsa ,(2290m) overnight.
AM Leave Trongsa on the Zhemgang road. Many stops in various habitats and altitudes. Arrive at Tingtibi campsite at (8-900m).
Drive above camp to about 1100 m, gradually birding back down to camp . Bird trail near camp overnite in camp.
Am Drive up road 1.5 hrs to good forest above Zhemgang at 1775m. Bird north along road through varying altitudes (as low as 1040m) to an improvised roadside campsite at around 1800m.Overnite in camp.
AM Alternately walking and driving road through a succession of altitudes and moister/drier habitats back to Trongsa, Overnight again at Trongsa
AM departure, ascending Yotongla (3275m) and birding down from summit. Visit hand-made textile centre in Chumi valley. Overnight, Jakar, 2490m.
AM over Shertangla (3418m) thence through Ura valley (28-2900m), up Thrumsingla (3757m), and down to Sengor campsite (@3000m).
Birding down the famed Lingmethang road from Sengor camp past Namling to Yongkhola campsite at 1535m.
AM: Drive back up road, birding at various altitudes up to @2150m. PM: Back down road past camp to as low as @550m and on to Mongar (1565m) with assorted birding stops.
AM: Depart near 05:00 heading east to Korila @2307m. PM: Retrace route back westwards through Mongar to a makeshift campsite in valley on lower Lingmethang road, @875m.
Up Lingmethang road to Thrumsingla with birding stops, and lunch at Sengor camp. PM: drive back through Ura valley to Jakar overnight.
Long travel day, Jakar to Paro with a few brief stops to bird.
Day trip up the fabulous Chelela (3988m). Late PM: Visit Paro dzong.
Departure from Paro -New Delhi /Calcutta. Tour Ends.
Satyr Tragopan, Blood Pheasants, Himalayan Monal, Wards Trogon, Ibisbill, Fire-tailed Myzornis, White-bellied Heron, Yellow-rumped Honeyguide.
What is included?
- Accommodation on twin share
- Transport with driver
- Trained and licensed guide
- All meals
- Sightseeing. Ongoing cultural events and festivals
- Airport reception, land and airport transfers
- Portage, tour leader, staff, camping facilities and all meals on treks / angling trips
What is not included?
- The Royal Government has fixed a standard tariff. This is irrespective of hotel accommodation, lodges or camping. The tariff is USD 250 per night.(For four people an special rate of USD 250 only per night)
- Airfare and airport taxes
- Single room supplement
- Bar and laundry
- Mineral Water
- Visa fee
- Sleeping bags and mats whilst camping
- Will be charged for groups of less than 03 persons.
- An extra charge of USD 40 per night on tariff is levied on a group consisting of 01 person only and USD 40 per person per night for a group of 02 persons.
- Single Supplement : Single occupancy will be provided on request. Single room request supplemental charge of USD 40 per night will be levied.
- Insurance: No insurance is catered for. Please obtain cover for life, baggage and accident.
- Cancellations: All cancellations must be given in writing. Cancellation charges are 10 percent of the tour price within 15 days of the start of the tour. No refund is permissible for a notice period of lesser than 15 days