Doñana Birding & Nature Tours
Wild Doñana is a progressive company with several years of guiding experience offering Doñana Birdwatching day trips and multiday tours with a vast local knowledge of the Andalucía region. Our team is formed by the best guides in that corner of Spain, who are not only experts in flora and fauna but also in Andalucia Tours near Seville.
Southwestern Spain is one of Europe’s top birding destinations including the mythical Doñana National Park as the crown jewel, home of iconic Spanish specialties such as the Iberian Lynx and the Spanish Imperial Eagle. Doñana birding is a fantastic experience. The great collection of habitats in that part of Andalucia (beaches, marshes, wetlands, steppes, forests, and hills) offers an extensive checklist all year around.
Manu, our chief guide, and our fellow guides love our homeland and would love to show it off so you will feel like touring with friends. Maybe, that is the reason a number of wildlife lovers keep on returning over and over again.
Manu is a wildlife enthusiast almost since birth. He has over 15 years of experience as our group leader and heritage expert. He has been organising professional birding and walking tours since 2004. His latest project is Wild Doñana Birds & Walks which is a full-time commitment to lead birdwatchers and walkers from all over the world.
Clients really appreciate the value of Manu’s local expert knowledge and vast experience of birding in Doñana. Equally important is his infectious enthusiasm and people skills; other clients have commented on his “…excellent English and bird knowledge that seemed to know no bounds.”
Manu could be a life enthusiast nearly since birth. Has years of expertise as cluster leader and heritage knowledgeable, and has been organising skilled birding and walking tours since 2004. because of his love for Nature, he based the tour company genus Platalea and therefore the non-profit organisation Brizna to preserve the native natural heritage. However, his latest project is Wild Doñana for a full-time dedication to guide birders and walkers from everywhere the planet. Throughout these years, Manu has taken to the sphere thousands of individuals from a European country, nice Britain, USA, Australia, Germany, Holland, Finland, Poland, Sweden, Norway, European country, France, Ireland, Israel. Besides, he typically participates actively in native bird ringing and following as a volunteer.
Sergio was born in Huelva town, enclosed by the most important recurrent event marshes within the Iberian Peninsula and he began to urge inquisitive about nature from his early youth. Mediterranean forests, marshes, natural beaches and its life awoke his curiosity regarding nature. He studied Biology and once one year living in he began to figure as a guide in 2003. Doñana, the saltmarshes within the southwest of the Iberian Peninsula and Extremadura area unit his hotspots however he additionally guides within the remainder of Andalusia, Navarra, Catalonia and likes to pay the summer exploring the life in the geographical region. What he likes the foremost is sharing his data regarding nature and life being into the wild. That’s why he determined to become a guide a few years past and why he still will it.
Maria is smitten by nature. In her college days, she participated in many volunteering programmes, then was once she had the prospect of perceptive AN shorebird in hand for the primary time. That beauty rose her interest in birds and created her espouse birdwatching positively. Maria studied biology at the university and so completed a biennial course in the forest and environmental management. once her degree, she began to travel abroad to marvellous places, living in a European country, London ANd Pennsylvania (US) wherever she participated in a post-programme in Hawk Mountain Sanctuary, a global centre for bird conservation, analysis and education. Maria arrived in Huelva in 2016 to figure as a guide. She is addicted to sharing with guests everything she learnt throughout the past ten years. Nature is even a lot of fascinating through Maria’s eyes so.
Wild Doñana is included in the Tourism Registry of the Andalusian Government as an Outdoor Tourism company AT/HU/00049.
In Wild Doñana, nature is not just our business, it is our way of life. Our team of guides is formed by passionate young people who fell in love with nature, either because they grew up in natural surroundings or had a spark that changed their lives into the wild side. In all cases, we got involved in different conservation projects before working as guides, and still are, so our main goal is the preservation of the species and habitats we show in our tours through ecotourism and sustainability development.
As part of our work, we take the following actions:
- We report the bird rings/bands we read to the Doñana Biological Station to support their conservation work.
- We assist the birds and wild animals we find injured during our excursions and take them to the wildlife rescue centre if necessary.
- We stay in direct contact with the Park Rangers and the Wildlife Officers to fight the wildlife crime we witness.
- Our activities bring an extra income to the area through ecotourism. Thanks to this, the local people start to give a value to their natural heritage.
- We talk and spread the word amongst the farmers and other local people. That way, we promote a change of mind in the local community.
- Our guides are very informative and enthusiastic about what they do. We do not only speak about Natural History but, also, about the history of Spain and local traditions and culture. Humans are part of nature and it is important to count on ethnography for habitat conservation.
- We also participate actively in many local initiatives and conservation works as volunteers.
In our commitment to reduce the impact generated by our activity, these are our sustainability achievements:
- We recycle the waste generated in our activities.
We collect and then separate the few trash we generate during the excursions.
- We have reduced the use of plastics.
We do not provide the customers with plastic bottles of water anymore but glass bottles, filled with healthy tap water.
- We have reduced the use of the vehicles to save fuel and pollution.
We have adapted the itineraries to spend as long as we can out of the vehicles.
- We have developed educational work.
From time to time, we go to the schools and take the children out to show what we do and the amazing wildlife around them.
- We volunteer in local conservation projects
We have participated in all sort of bird banding, chameleon, bat and otter surveys plus removal of alien flora in different local nature reserves.
We are registered as Outdoor and Ecotourism operators by the Tourism Department of the Andalusian Government and belong to several business and guides organisations that work for the improvement of the local communities from a sustainable point of view:
- Partnership of ecotourist operators of Doñana National Park.
- Federation of Outdoor and Ecotourism operators of Andalucia.
- Association of guides of Doñana National Park
- Association of professional nature guides of Spain.
- Members of the Andalucia Bird Society and approved guides by their quality standards.
As part of our ongoing efforts to promote nature conservation and wildlife watching, we are proud to be sponsored by Opticron, a UK-based company that not only manufacture high quality optics, but have a serious commitment to wildlife and the local communities. That is why their list of Partnership Conservation Programmes is ever-growing (further information on projects supported by Opticron HERE).
Write a Review
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *