Cusco Birding Tours & More
Machu Picchu Cusco Birding was born with the aim of making birdwatching a more accessible activity for everyone, with an intelligent strategy to reduce costs without sacrificing quality of service. Machupicchu Cusco Birding is the nature line of Peru Unique Destination, tourism agency with more than 10 years in the market and being this one of the few operating agencies located in the same city of Cusco is one of the best options for the southern destination of the country.
Peru is a sum of geographical blessings that make it unique for birdwatching. Its proximity to the equator line, its ocean currents and its gradients from 0 to more than 6000 masl make it a megadiverse country.
Likewise, its extensive history of more than 5000 thousand years with enigmatic cultures that have astonished the world and the sum of different migrations such as Spanish, African, China, among others, have further enriched the Peruvian culture.
Likewise, the many years of experience as the best tourist destination in South America has raised its quality of service to a benchmark level for other countries. The availability of hotels from 3 to 5 stars, their varied restaurants, the modernity of the vehicles, the good condition of their roads and of course the extraordinary level of the guides added to the perception of safety has exceeded the expectations of many travelers definitely doing Peru the best destination.
Specifically, for bird lovers, the southern region of Peru is the most recommended when it comes to quantity and variety of species. Here we talk about more than 1300 species of birds of the 1800 that are throughout the country.
Just talking about Cusco is considering the Abra Malaga and its more than 10 endemic birds, Machu Picchu also with its endemic birds and bamboo specialists such as the Inca Wren or the colorful Cock of the Rocks without mentioning the feeling of being in front of an archaeological center. nestled in the middle of the cloud forest or the Manu Road which is the favorite destination for many nature or bird lovers, among many other Hot Spots present in Cusco.
To the above, we must add the perfect connectivity with the regions of Arequipa and the Colca Canyon or Puno where the Titicaca Grebe is found in the lake of the same name and of course Madre de Dios and its protected areas of Tambopata and Manu.
However, it cannot be denied that, in Peru, birdwatching tourism has been “elitized” for many years. The design of programs with 5-star or luxury hotels, the contract of non local guides where their air tickets and hotels are added to the cost of the final package and sometimes unnecessarily extensive programs have prevented many young people from getting involved in this exciting activity. Today, what humanity needs is more naturalists to make this a better world. That´s why Machu Picchu & Cusco Birding works in smart way to make the birding programs more accessible for every budget.
Why Machu Picchu Cusco Birding?
- We are direct operators of all our services, without intermediaries that raise costs.
- We take care of the entire operation from tours and activities as well as accommodation and air tickets (domestic flights).
- We are in the city of Cusco which allows us to know in situ the details and tips for an intelligently economical operation
- We only work with local guides, each one specialized in their areas, thus promoting fair economic development in the region, as well as avoiding unnecessary transportation and lodging expenses.
- We are focused and specialized in the south of Peru in the regions of Cusco, Puno, Arequipa, Abancay and Madre de Dios.
- Our other companies allow us to offer complementary activities such as gastronomic experiences, culinary tours, pisco tastings, cooking classes, as well as yoga and meditation practices.
We work three types of markets:
- Birdwatchers 90 to 100% focused on birds.
- Photographers who can spend hours searching for their perfect shot and
- Naturalists who look for birds, but also a good part of their time are eager to complementary experiences such as gastronomy, culture, adventure, as well as other lines of nature such as orchids, butterflies and more.
José Luis Lescano has dedicated his life passionately to the guidance of adventure, gastronomy and nature tours. He is a professional tour guide with over 20 years of experience in the sector. He has worked as a tourism consultant for projects of the European Union, the World Bank and for projects of different local governments and Peruvian National Programs.
In the field of teaching, he works as a professor in the specialities of orchids and birdwatching, as well as in Guiding Techniques. José Luis has also been responsible for tourism projects for birdwatching as a tool to protect the environment and under a social responsibility concept.
Machu Picchu Cusco Birding do not have any conservation right now.
Write a Review
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *