Birding Tarifa was the first bird watching tour company registered in Tarifa and specialises in raptor migration and other birding tours around the Strait of Gibraltar, Cadiz, Doñana and Morocco.
The Strait of Gibraltar is one of the best birdwatching areas in Europe. There are several reasons why we work in the Strait, but the migration of migratory birds every year is really the principal attraction.
“Bird migration across the Strait of Gibraltar is one of those experiences that any birder shouldn´t miss…”
Tarifa and the surrounding areas, such as La Janda Wetland, Alcornocales Natural Park (Cork Oak Forest), Bay of Cadiz, Doñana and Morocco just 14 km away, offer top birding and wildlife opportunities all year round apart from the spectacular raptor migration.
Having several years of experience guiding, Birding Tarifa offers a vast local knowledge of the region, we love our land and how wildlife, history and heritage come all together in this amazing area between two continents, the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea.
Manuel Morales (professional ornithologist and expert bird ringer by Doñana Biological Station), our chief guide of the company, Birding Tarifa´s team is formed by highly qualified guides who love their job.
A group of our local experts will assist you in planning your trip or helping with your enquiries about birds, raptor migration, wildlife, culture, accommodation and other questions regarding this fantastic bird and wildlife paradise.
In addition to leading our own tours, we offer our local knowledge to other birding and wildlife companies to run tours in partnership. Nowadays we are working with English, Scottish, Norwegian, Finish and German companies among others.
By choosing Birding Tarifa, you will be contributing directly to the preservation of nature. We donate part of our annual profit to our nature conservation projects as well as other projects with nature foundations, associations, and non-profit organizations.
At Birding Tarifa we donate 25 % of our annual profit to our own nature conservation projects as well as other projects with nature foundations, associations, and NGOs.work.
Birding Tarifa projects including:
- La Janda Wetland Bird Banding Project.
- La Janda Wetland Monitoring
- Environmental education
- Environmental awareness campaigns for the local people
We also support nature foundations, associations & non-profit organizations:
- La Janda wetland friends association
- Andalucia Bird Society
- Amus (Wildlife Rescue Centre)
- Birds Clean (Eco Wildlife Design)
Birding Tarifa is involved in these Nature Conservation Projects:
- Montagu´s Harrier field works and hacking program in la Janda Wetland
- Osprey Platform Project & La Covacha viewpoints in Bay of Cadiz Natural Park
- Bird tagging/ringing and monitoring bird projects organized by EBD (Doñana Biological Station): Greater Flamingo, Black-necked Grebe, Spoonbill, Glossy Ibis, Slender-billed Gull, Red-necked Nightjar, Purple Swamphen, Coot, White Stork, Black Kite, Black-shouldered Kite, Booted Eagle, Lesser Kestrel, Waders…
- House Martin Project Conservation in Extremadura
Marsh Harrier tagging in Madrid and tracking work in Spain and Morocco.
Write a Review
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *